You are trying to complete a transaction for a course but you are either getting an error message, or that the payment was unsuccessful.
Typically when a card is being rejected it is due to the address verification failing for the billing address, make sure that you are entering the address that is registered for the credit card you are using.
Oftentimes, we see that an individual has recently moved (within a year) and is trying to use their new address when the credit card is still registered under the old address.
In a case like that, you would need to input your old address for billing. If you have changed the address on the credit card to your new address but you did recently move within a year please still try the old address.
One way to know if it is a billing address issue is when you see a pending charge in your bank account but the payment is saying rejected on our website.
Other possible reasons for the transaction not going through are as follows:
- The credit card has expired: make sure that it is still an active card.
- Credit card data is incorrect: Make sure the right cc data is being inputted, especially if you are autofilling the information.
- The card does not have sufficient funds: If the credit card is over limit or does not have sufficient funds you may get rejected.
- You have a new card that has not yet been activated for online transactions: Some new credit cards require activation for online transaction and generally any new credit card has to be activated.
- You're using a gift or prepaid card which has not been registered: pre paid cards and gift cards will often time require a billing address to be registered to it and will not go through if this step has not been done.
We suggest you also clear your cookies and cache if you're having transaction issues. We also recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox as your internet browser. If you do not have those browsers installed you can review a tutorial here: "How to install Browsers on Windows and Mac"
If you're still having issues please give us a call at 1-800-830-2268.